Arkansas CAMA Technology, Inc. d/b/a “MY LOCAL TAXES” offers tax payers the ability to pay their real and personal property taxes on line through actDataScout, a website hosted and maintained by DataScout, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arkansas CAMA Technology, Inc. (hereinafter Arkansas CAMA Technology, Inc. d/b/a “MY LOCAL TAXES” and DataScout, LLC collectively referred to as “MY LOCAL TAXES”).
This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which MY LOCAL TAXES will provide services to a tax payer (hereinafter “User”).
1. Conditions of Use. Hours of Service: Service on the MY LOCAL TAXES’ websites will be provided on a non-guaranteed basis seven (7) days per week (Sunday through Saturday), twenty-four (24) hours per day, excluding scheduled maintenance as designated from time to time by MY LOCAL TAXES at its sole discretion.
European Union (EU) customers cannot use the MY LOCAL TAXES websites in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. MY LOCAL TAXES reserves all rights to cancel accounts and determine appropriate fees to be returned for anyone who accesses any MY LOCAL TAXES website.
3. Misuse. In the event that MY LOCAL TAXES suspects that a website has been misused, MY LOCAL TAXES will contact the appropriate county official and/or state official and/or law enforcement agency and will provide them with all data needed to conduct an investigation. You consent to the provision of your information (including search key data) for such investigative purposes. MY LOCAL TAXES reserve the right to cancel or not offer its service to any User that it deems to be inappropriately using its services.
4. Payment Methods.
You may make your tax payments in either of the following ways:
- A one‐time payment via an e-check using your bank checking account. By providing your payment information and confirming payment, you authorise (A) Arkansas CAMA Technology, Inc. and Stripe, our payment service provider, to send instructions to your bank to debit your account and (B) your bank to debit your account in accordance with those instructions. As part of your rights, you are entitled to a refund from your bank under the terms and conditions of your agreement with your bank. A refund must be claimed within 8 weeks starting from the date on which your account was debited. Your rights are explained in a statement that you can obtain from your bank.
- A one‐time charge to your credit card account. All major credit cards are acceptable including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
5. Cancelling or Changing a Payment. You may cancel, change, or correct a payment by following the “Stop or Change Payment” procedures contained on the MY LOCAL TAXES website. Your request to stop or change a payment must be made before the payment is processed and, in any event, no later than 12:00 a.m. (midnight) on the same day you have authorized a payment. If you were unable to provide sufficient notice to MY LOCAL TAXES prior to our processing the payment, the payment cannot be cancelled. In this event, you will need to contact the appropriate official in your county collector’s office to correct the payment. MY LOCAL TAXES is not responsible for correcting an incorrect payment.
6. Fees. As described above in “Payment Methods,” a User may make payments via an e-check from your bank checking account or by a charge to your credit card account. If you make payments through charges to your credit card account, you will be required to pay us a Service Fee in an amount that will be reflected on your on-line statement prior to authorizing your payment. The Service Fee percentage on credit card payments is set by the county collector and there is a $2.00 minimum charge no matter the amount of the tax payment . A User making a payment using an e-check will be charged a flat Service Fee set by the county collector no matter the amount of the tax payment. All Service Fees are non‐refundable even if your payment is subsequently canceled, changed, or corrected.
7. Disputed Payments. MY LOCAL TAXES reserves the right to take certain actions in the event that a check, credit card, debit card or electronic payment transaction that you make is disputed and cannot be collected once approved. These actions include, but are not limited to, reversal of the payment transaction, deducting the uncollectible amount directly from your designated bank account, deducting the uncollectible amount directly from the accounts funded by the transaction, and/or taking any other actions allowed by law.
8. Copyright. To the extent such items do not consist of public records, all content included on MY LOCAL TAXES websites, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of MY LOCAL TAXES or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. To the extent such items do not consist of public records, the compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of MY LOCAL TAXES and DataScout and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of MY LOCAL TAXES and/or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws; provided the User shall have the right to use such software to the extent necessary to use this service.
9. Disputes. Any dispute relating in any way to visits to the MY LOCAL TAXES websites shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Little Rock, Arkansas. Arbitration under this Agreement shall be conducted under the Consumer Arbitration Rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The parties shall each bear equally the expenses of the arbitrator and of the arbitration. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be filed or prosecuted as a multi-party or class action arbitration.
10. Limitation of liability. LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND AGAINST ARKANSAS CAMA TECHNOLOGY, INC., MY LOCAL TAXES, OR DATASCOUT, LLC (INCLUDING AS APPROPRIATE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES’, AND AFFILIATES’, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS’, DIRECTORS’, EMPLOYEES’, AND AGENTS’), ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY A USER OF MY LOCAL TAXES’ OR DATASCOUT’S SERVICES OR WEBSITES WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ARKANSAS CAMA TECHNOLOGY, INC., MY LOCAL TAXES, OR DATASCOUT, LLC (INCLUDING AS APPROPRIATE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.
11. Other Terms. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Arkansas as such laws are applied to contracts made and to be performed entirely in Arkansas.
12. Entire Agreement. User acknowledges that he/she has read these Terms & Conditions and agrees that it is the complete and exclusive statement and agreement between the parties, superseding all other communications, oral or written. MY LOCAL TAXES reserves the right to modify, amend, or revise these Terms & Conditions.